MEMORIES
The saddest love of all is seeing it go. So many years has it
been and I still see your face in the light glowing like an angel. I can still
smell your perfume as if it was new but all of it isn't real, I just wish it
was.
You never knew how hard it was for me to say I love you,
emotions are my weak point. So many times I wanted to take you in my arms and pull
you to my body. And gaze into those eyes and kiss your lips. And as I slowly pull
away I would whisper into your ear I love you my love but at last it is only a
wish.
To see you walk down the stairs and into my arms as many times as you did. Would make me cry now, to realize I'll never see you again. I've always
loved you for I know this inside my heart. So long I've held it and never let
it go and let it come to you like it should have done.
To just see a note with the ending goodbye, well you don't know
what you did to me. That night my only friend was wine and death was at my door.
It hurt like nothing I've felt before. Like a hand reaching for my heart
and ripping it out.
Whatever the reason, I still need you back for I have learned
what I must do and what I must say. If in the world are paths cross and I see
your eyes of love. I'll hold your hands and gaze again and say I love you
like I should have did.
By Troy David Bowden
No comments:
Post a Comment