Carpenter
The gates can finally be open…
Condemned by my own people, for they do not know what they are doing. I can feel the red liquid pouring down my back as they beat me. Father do they understand? Do they know?
I must wear my crown now, the crown that they have forsaken upon me, again I feel the liquid pour from my head as a soldier pushes the crown of thorns on.
I must take this journey it was written before my time that I must. They give me a cross to journey with me to my end. Its heavy father, must I bare their sins? I’m weak father. Is this the sacrifice that is needed? For your love for them is endless and holy but are they capable and worthy of this?
I will take this cross to Golgotha and answer their prayers and obey my father for thy will shall be done.
The weight is over coming me father… I fall and they mock me. It hurts… but I must feel pain. I must sacrifice my life I understand this now.
Mother? I see her father or is it her? The redness of blood in my eyes is making it hard to see. I feel that it is her, oh Mother don’t cry for it is a better and heavenly place that I will soon attend.
Who is this… The soldiers have pulled a man to aid me for the weight has slowed my progress and delaying my coming of the time. Simon… for you do not know who you are helping but in the end heaven will be yours as well as for everyone else.
The pain my father is unbearable why am I forsaken to go through this? They are just lost and sinful souls not caring not loving of your forgiveness and love. The pain!
A woman… oh the soft feel of the cloth she is using to wipe the blood and sweat from my face. Who are you my child but she can’t hear me for I’m too winded. The soldiers push her back and I hear a named called from the crowd, Veronica… Now I understand father. Veronica forever will you see my face upon the cloth.
Out of strength, I can’t move, my flesh dripping in blood as I watch it hit the ground as I myself fall again.
Is this a dream father for I see my love, I see her crying along with two other women of names I do not know. Mary Magdalene don’t cry for me for I know this must be done. There could never be us in this world not for the course my father has set before me.
I must move on, forward I push with knees given out I hit once again the hard dirt ground. I can’t take this pain and mocking of your son much longer… help me father.
I rise as I know soon I will to the eyes of all, I rise to my feet and show them that even the son of the lord can strive and march to my foreseeable end.
I’m stripped naked but only a cloth to cover my manhood. I stand in front of this crowd who still forsake me as the savior of their sins. They will never understand humans’ father of the price I must pay to let them in, to let them be forgiven.
The weight of the cross now lies in the dirt. I don’t fight the given out come as the soldiers place me on the cross. Arms stretched my feet crossed I wait for what I know will come.
Father take me now! The steel crushing my wrist bone as the first nail drills into the wood is I know part of the price but is seeing your son die worth it!? Father NO!!
The second nail cuts the skin and bone in one hit and drives into the wood…
Father I have nothing more to give to mankind…
The last nail goes into my feet and nothing of the pain I can feel. There is nothing more of pain in my body that I can give. I’ve seen the horror of man and what they are capable father and if any have faith in me then this is the right course of action. Please take me home soon.
I can feel them lifting the cross up high but I can’t put dream or real into its right place…
“Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do!”
I see as I look upon my dying flesh the darkness that last for hours and the very few that loved me still crying over my body…
I will be back my children… I will.
By
Troy D Bowden
Oct 21, 2012
No comments:
Post a Comment