Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Message in a bottle

I'm not on a deserted island but my soul is.

Trying to see you and nothing comes to mind. Have I lost your memory in the sands of time? It's been so long when our bodies were one and now I can't see you. I feel like your lost or that I am. That somehow we have lost the way or the love... I hope it's not that. I pray with my soul that this message finds you and that you understand and feel the same.

My heart is empty my soul is lost. I need you near, I need you to hold, I need you to smile. All those things I've missed and have forgotten and I need them back. Nothing works right in my world unless your a part of it.

I feel like the last person on earth. Alone and isolated with noting to joy and nothing to keep me alive.

Please find this message, please come back to my heart.

I place the cork on. Toss with all my hope and dream to see you again.

Troy D Bowden
June 26, 2013  

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow. This is another great one. So poignant. Your writing is so good. It's like you really know how to make the reader feel what you are writing. Or even like you find the words others are thinking but can't find the way to say it. Beautiful.
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete